PROCESS MONITOR FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION
Ideal to monitor a process such as a Combine Harvester, Air seeders, Sprayers and many more.
Like: Fan speed, Seed Metering unit drive shaft, Implement speed derived from wheel, PTO speed and many more.
The Process Monitor is a dynamic and robust monitoring system. Assembled as a KIT to fit a specific application. All available functions are monitored simultaneously. Whether you need AREA, SPEED, TACHO's, or BINs, this unit could be adapted to suit your needs. Buy only the sensors of the functions you need and get the kit for a very affordable price. Easy to setup and implement. Use it to keep an eye on many types of processes, and increase productivity immediately. It is ideally suited to combines. Easy to install and maintain.
- Speed and Worked Area
- Setup a Maximum Speed alarm threshold
- Setup a Minimum Speed Alarm threshold
- RPM on any of 4 axles
- Setup a Maximum RPM Alarm threshold on any individual axle
- Setup a Minimum RPM Alarm threshold on any individual axle
- Bin or Tank Full or Empty (4 Tanks)
- Setup to Alarm when tank gets full
- Setup to Alarm when tank gets empty
- AREA FUNCTION
The AREA FUNCTION calculates the area while-u-work.
- Up to 10 area-blocks can be selected to work on. As the implement moves forward, the screen is frequently updated. An implement up/down sensor detects whether the implement has to add area, or not. For instance, area is not added while the implement is lifted up while turning. Area is expressed in Hectares, including two decimals.
- Two sensors are used for this function. A 18mm diameter Namur proximity sensor is used to pick up the wheel movement. This can be done on an axle or the studs of a wheel. The amount of studs are taken into account when calibrated. The other sensor is a spring type limit switch to sense when the implement is on working height and when lifted up.
- The AREA FUNCTION can be switched off.
- Uses a Limit switch to detect Implement lift.
(Ordered with the unit)
- Area Specification:
- Maximum 65536 Hectare per Block.
- Area screen updates every 100metre.
- SPEED FUNCTION
Monitor Implement SPEED while doing crop spraying or any other speed oriented process.
- Enter a preset minimum and maximum threshold for the speed alarm. If the speed is over the preset limit, a down arrow indicates to the driver to slow down, and an alarm sounds. As soon as the speed is back within the preset limits, the current speed is displayed and the alarm is silent. When the speed is too slow, an up-arrow will indicate that increased speed is needed. The alarm can be acknowledged (temporarily silenced) by pressing the appropriate button. With this function a driver can keep the speed very accurate within the user's preset limits.
- The speed is displayed in meters per minute or kilometers per hour, user selectable.
- The SPEED FUNCTION can be switched off.
- Uses an 18mm diameter Namur type proximity sensor. (Ordered with the unit)
- Speed Specification:
- Minimum speed 1km/h or 16.67 m/min
- Maximum speed 200km/h or 3333m/min
- TACHO FUNCTION
Monitor up to 4 axles. Given in revolutions per minute (RPM).
- An alarm can be set on every individual axle for a maximum and a minimum alarm point. A RPM reading is given on the LCD display for the selected channel. The alarm can be acknowledged by pressing the appropriate button (Temporarily silenced).
- Applications include fan speed, drum speed, PTO speed or any other fast or slow turning axle(s).
- The TACHO FUNCTION could be switched off.
- Uses an 18mm diameter Namur type proximity sensor.
(Ordered with the unit)
- Tacho Specification:
- Minimum: 5RPM per channel
- Maximum: 10 000RPM per channel
- Input pulses: Minimum: 1 pulse per revolution. Maximum 64 Pulses per revolution
- BIN FULL / EMPTY FUNCTION
Monitor up to 4 bins or tanks for getting full, or getting empty, or a combination of the two. Preset the unit to sound the alarm on either a full bin or an empty bin.
- The sensor is made to sense a granular substance like grain or fertilizer. A liquid can also be monitored.
- The complete BIN FUNCTION can be switched off.
- Uses a Capacitive proximity sensor to sense the presence of a substance.(Ordered with the unit)
- AUTO POWER ON / OFF
The Process Monitor can be wired to be ON when 12Volt power is supplied to the power cable. Alternatively, it can be switched ON or OFF by pressing the appropriate button on the front panel.
- Make up a KIT to suit your need